1. Entry for the 2019 Awards opens on the 4th March 2019.
Entry for the 2019 Awards closes at midnight on the 7th June 2019.Deadline for entries extended to midnight on Wednesday 12th June 2019. Any entries received after that time will not be considered.
3. The Economic Disruptor Awards ceremony will take place on 13th November 2019 in Central London.
4. You may only submit an entry for yourself or your organisation, and not on behalf of anyone else. Entries must be submitted by one senior representative of the participating organisation.
5. Entrants must be over 18 years of age.
6. The Spectator and Julius Baer cannot give an award to any business or individuals that cannot be contacted after the entry has been submitted.
7. The regional categories have been defined as London and the South; the Midlands; the North East; the North West and Wales; Scotland and Northern Ireland.
8. Entrants can only apply for one region. The entrant organisation must either have its registered address or its main place of business located within the region for which it has entered the Awards.
9. The Spectator and Julius Baer employees and their family members, and anyone else connected with organising the Awards, may not enter any category.
10. All Award winners will be asked to take part in promotional activity and by submitting your entry you give your permission to The Spectator, Julius Baer and its partners to use the details of your entry to promote the Awards. This could include but is not limited to websites, press releases and print.
11. Entrants to the Awards are required to complete either the online or pdf entry form.
12. A shortlist of finalists will be selected in each region from the entries submitted by the closing date. The short-listed entrants will then be required to partake in a telephone interview. A podcast will then take place in each region and be published on The Spectator’s website, discussing the entrants of that region.
13. Shortlisted finalists will be notified by email or phone within six weeks of the closing date and will be invited to attend The Spectator’s Economic Disruptor of the Year Awards Ceremony, to be held on the 13th November 2019 where the winners will be officially announced.
14. The judges’ decision is final and there will be no appeals.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to accept any entry which in its opinion does not comply with these terms and conditions or which contravenes the spirit of the Awards.
16. The Promoter further reserves the right to cancel the Awards itself where, in its sole opinion, the calibre or quantity of entries is insufficient.
17. The winners will be responsible for their own travel, accommodation and other personal expenditure.
18. We cannot offer feedback about specific shortlisting decisions or any details about individual entries.
19. The overall winner will receive the prize only – consisting of one individual membership to The Spectator’s private dining Club for one year and a bespoke Award trophy. No cash alternative will be offered.
The Addison Club is the exclusive dining club of The Spectator. Membership is by invitation only and strictly limited to a maximum of 100. Members are leading figures in their fields, especially from the upper echelons of the business and financial communities. They have global horizons, an interest in current affairs and appreciate an opportunity for high-level networking. The Club dines 4/5 times a year and holds an annual party for members and their partners. Each dinner features a prominent guest who speaks briefly as a prelude to lively debate and discussion with members. The Club meets discreetly and all proceedings are confidential so that everyone can speak freely. Membership includes an annual subscription to The Spectator and Apollo, our authoritative global arts magazine, plus privileged access to the very special events of both magazines.
20. The five regional finalists will each receive a bespoke Award trophy.
21. Prizes are not transferable and no cash alternative will be offered.
22. The prize will be awarded to the senior representative of the organisation as noted on the entry form.
23. The prizes as described are available on the date of publication.
24. Events may occur that render the Awards competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary, amend or waive these rules and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
25. By entering the Awards competition participants confirm their agreement of these Terms and Conditions.
Promoter: The Spectator (1828) Limited, 22 Old Queen Street, London, SW1H 9HP
THE AWARDS CEREMONY
Every member of the audience should be in possession of a valid invitation. Admission to latecomers is not guaranteed although offered wherever possible. Spectator Events often photograph and/or film their events. If you would prefer not to appear on any footage, please let a member of the events team know. Very occasionally we have to make alterations to an advertised programme due to unavoidable circumstances.
Participants also confirm their agreement to be contacted via telephone and email with regards to their application.