1. Entry for the 2020 Awards opens on 5th March 2020 and closes on 1st July 2020. Any entries received after that time will not be considered.
2. The Economic Innovator Awards ceremony will take place on 25th November 2020 in Central London.
3. You may only submit an entry for a company or business partnership of which you are a director, partner or senior executive, and not on behalf of anyone else. Entries must be submitted by one senior named representative of the entrant.
4. The person submitting the entry must be over 18 years of age.
5. For the avoidance of doubt, entrants for these Awards must be businesses whose products or services are already available to customers in their marketplace; entries cannot be considered from businesses whose products or services are still in development and not yet commercially available. The Spectator and Julius Baer will respect the confidentiality of all financial data provided but entrants must provide an accurate indication of the financial scale of their business, and in particular of actual and forecast revenue growth.
6. The Spectator and Julius Baer cannot give an award to any entrant that cannot be contacted after the entry has been submitted.
7. The four regional categories are: London and the South East; the Midlands and the North East; the West and South West; Scotland and Northern Ireland.
8. Entrants can only apply for one region. The entrant organisation must either have its registered address or its main place of business located within the region for which it has entered the Awards. In the event of doubt as to which region is most appropriate for any entrant, the decision of The Spectator and Julius Baer will be final.
9. An additional Award will be given for Social Impact. Entrants for this category will be taken from the regional categories mentioned above. Entrants will have the option to select a box to mark their intention to enter for this additional category.
9. Employees of The Spectator and Julius Baer and their family members, and anyone else connected with organising the Awards, may not enter any category.
10. All Award winners will be asked to take part in promotional activity and by submitting your entry you give your permission to The Spectator, Julius Baer and its partners to use the details of your entry to promote the Awards. This could include but is not limited to websites, press releases and print.
11. Entrants to the Awards are required to complete and submit either the online or pdf entry form.
12. A shortlist of finalists will be selected in each region from the entries submitted by the closing date. The short-listed entrants will then be required to participate in a meeting with the regional judges at which they will be invited to make a short presentation about their business (and/or a telephone interview). A podcast will then be recorded by the judges in each region and will be published on The Spectator’s website, discussing the finalists for that region.
13. Shortlisted finalists will be notified by email or phone within six weeks of the closing date and will be invited to attend The Spectator’s Economic Innovator of the Year Awards Ceremony on 25th November 2020, where the winners will be officially announced.
14. The judges’ decision is final and there will be no appeals.
15. The Spectator and Julius Baer reserve the right to refuse to accept any entry which in its opinion does not comply with these terms and conditions or which contravenes the spirit of the Awards.
16. The Spectator and Julius Baer further reserve the right to cancel the Awards itself if, in their opinion, the calibre or number of entries is insufficient.
17. The winners will be responsible for their own travel, accommodation and other personal expenditure.
18. We cannot offer feedback about specific shortlisting decisions or any comment on individual entries.
19. The overall winner will receive the prize only – consisting of one individual membership of the Addison Club for one year and a bespoke Award trophy. The Addison Club is the exclusive dining club of The Spectator. Membership is by invitation and limited to a maximum of 100. Members are leading figures from the upper echelons of the business and financial communities. The Club dines 4 or 5 times a year and holds an annual party for members and their partners. Each dinner features a prominent guest who speaks briefly as a prelude to debate and discussion with members. All proceedings are confidential so that everyone can speak freely. Membership includes an annual subscription to The Spectator and Apollo, our global arts magazine, plus privileged access to the special events of both magazines.
20. The four regional winners and the winner of the Social Impact category will each receive a bespoke Award trophy.
21. Prizes are not transferable and no cash alternative will be offered.
22. The prizes will be awarded to the senior representatives of the winning finalists who attend the Awards Ceremony.
23. The prizes as described are available on the date of the Awards Ceremony.
24. Events may occur that render the Awards competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the The Spectator and Julius Baer, who accordingly may at their absolute discretion vary, amend or waive these rules and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to The Spectator and Julius Baer as a result thereof.
25. By entering the Awards competition participants confirm their agreement of these Terms and Conditions.
THE AWARDS CEREMONY
Every member of the audience should be in possession of a valid invitation. Admission to latecomers is not guaranteed although offered wherever possible. Spectator Events often photograph and/or film their events. If you would prefer not to appear on any footage, please let a member of the events team know. Very occasionally we have to make alterations to an advertised programme due to unavoidable circumstances.
Participants also confirm their agreement to be contacted via telephone and email with regards to their application.