The following conditions apply to the acceptance of all advertisements for publication in The Spectator and the placing of an order of the insertion of an advertisement shall amount to the acceptance of these conditions any conditions stipulated in an agency’s order form or elsewhere by an agency or advertiser shall be void insofar as they are in conflict with them. All these terms and conditions are subject to English Law.
In these conditions the Publishers shall mean The Spectator.
- The Publishers of The Spectator shall have at their absolute discretion the right to omit, suspend, or change the position of any advertisement accepted for insertion.
- The Publishers shall have the right to make any alterations they consider necessary or desirable in an advertisement, or to require any originations or copy to be amended to meet their approval.
- The Publisher has in place a six-week cancellation policy. Any adverts cancelled within 6 weeks of the magazine publication date will be charged at full price.
- The Publishers will not be liable for any loss or damage consequential or otherwise, occasioned by error in the insertion or omission to insert or late publication of any advertisement.
- The Publishers will not be liable for any damage or loss of films, drawings or other materials supplied for the purpose of an advertisement.
- Printing material shall be destroyed one calendar year after publication unless claimed by the advertiser or his agent or re-used in the following weeks issue of The Spectator.
- The Publishers shall have the right to change their scale of advertisement rates at any time
- The Publishers shall not be bound by notice to stop orders, cancellations or transfers for advertisements received less than one month preceding publication date.
- The advertising agency or advertiser submitting the advertisement shall indemnify the Publishers in respect or costs, damages or other charges falling upon them as a result of legal actions or threatened legal actions arising from the publication of the advertisement in accordance with the copy instructions supplied to the Publishers by the agency or the advertiser. In any case where a claim is made against the Publishers and the agency or advertiser may ultimately be liable under the terms hereof, notice in writing shall be given to him in order that consultations shall take place before any expense is incurred or the claim settled, defended or otherwise disposed of to his detriment.
- Payment for advertising shall be made within one month of invoice date. Any account outstanding more than five months shall be subject to 5% surcharge plus a percentage for each outstanding month over six months. In the event of it being necessary to pass the account to either a collection agency or solicitor then all costs so incurred will be deemed to be the responsibility of the advertiser and subsequently debited to their account.
- Notwithstanding anything in these conditions providing to the contrary neither the Publishers nor the Advertisers shall be liable to each other for any loss or damage consequential of otherwise caused by or arising out of any Act of Parliament, Order in council, Act of State, strike of employees, lock out, trade dispute, enemy action. Rioting, civil commotion, fire, force majeure, Act of God or other similar contingency beyond the control of either of them.