Yeah, so it's been a long time since I posted any trivia questions. Rather than wait for the weekend, here's something to distract your attention on a Monday afternoon. As always, no googling, no prizes - it's just for fun. Email me your answers or leave them in the comments:
1. Can you connect a once busy arrival point with a writer who began with less than nothing but became a poster-boy for a generation and a boy who picked it up and ran?
2. Why might a Washington Wizard, an Anglo-Irish essayist, and a man first encountered at Twelve Oaks all have been eligible to join the Ganymede club?
3. She was a darling in song, he was an actor who wasn't perfect, while he disdained the cuckoo clock: why would they be in the same family as a civil servant?
4. One baton holder had a farm made famous in rhyme while another sounded rather equine; others included one who ruled Sweden and another who married his boss's sister and became Neapolitan? What's the general link between them? Who was their conductor? And, collectively, why could they be said to have been given the boot?
5. A 1980s American soap opera, a Georgian sports team and a famous Balkan chronicle could be linked to taking wing in a far away galaxy. How?